Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Refraining From Anger


Dear God,

I have to honestly admit -- my quiet time for today seems like an impossible command to obey. Like, I have some ideals set in my mind about how my DS and DD should act and behave, or how much time my DH and I should spend together, and so on and so forth... so much more...

When things go the other way, or when things just don't happen the way I planned them to be, I break and snap. And I am aware that You can see me take my anger out on aything and everything. Lord, my plans might actually be reasonable, but I know that does not give me an excuse to be so upset when unexpected interruptions occur.

I also realize that You would not have told me to "refrain from anger" if You did not expect me to do it... And just as with other seemingly impossible tasks, I know that You will give me the strength I need when I need it. Thank You, God.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret--it leads only to evil.
Psalm 37:8

No comments:

Post a Comment