Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Your Love Conquers


Dear God,

Some things cause us to have many fears -- When we hear strange noises outside our homes at night, our heart somehow pounds and we begin to think of scary things happening by our front steps... When my kids were very young and little, they cry or whimper when the lights are turned off, or when there is a power failure... When we hear peole make threats, we tremble or worry in fear... When we know about gunshots or road rages happening even in the broadest of day... When we watch and hear horrible things on the news, we worry and think of what could happen... My kids reflect my fear...

I know that that kind of spirit is not, in anyway, from You, God. The verse which is my quiet time message for today talks to me about power and Your great love. I can have a sound mind and the perfect peace that transcends understanding.

I can now smile... My kids laugh with me now... They are no longer filled with fear or uncertainty when they see me and DH trusting in You. Lord, You are our tower of strength, our stronghold. We can shout and sing and praise You for that promise.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity,
but a spirit of power,
of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment