Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #51


FOR TODAY... Oct. 19, 2010

Outside my window... Cold and rainy. Classes were suspended this aternoon because of Typhoon Juan.

I am thinking... Of our school's upcoming Foundation Day this Friday.

I am thankful for... God's never ending love, support, and provision for me and my family.

I am wearing... A pale yellow shirt-dress with an Adam and Eve cartoon design on it.

I am remembering... Cooler months like this last year.

I am going... To give a quiz tomorrow to a student who missed a lot last week.

I am reading... A book sent by my Mom for my birthday on the 27th -- Short Prayers for Busy Women by Harriet Crosby

I am hoping... The coming semestral break will refresh me and my realtionship with the Lord.

On my mind... Semestral break! Which only means vacation for students and teachers! :)

From the learning rooms... None at the moment as the kids are preparing for our Foundation Day this Friday.

Noticing that... The typhoon that is in Manila caused a terrible disaster in the provinces...

Pondering these words... We love because He first loved us. -- 1 John 4:19

From the kitchen... Chicken Sinigang Soup.

Around the house... Our visiting cleaning lady is hanging all our ironed clothes in our closets.

One of my favorite things... Cold weather like this.

From my picture journal...


Thanks to Peggy for allowing me to take part in The Simple Woman's Daybook. Blessings and have a great week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Let us know how you like the book, "Short Prayers for Busy Women." It sounds like something I need!

    I love your picture thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are beautiful!
    I pray that there is no damage from the typhoon...Soup is always good this time of year.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jerralea, thank you for visiting my blog porch. :) The book, "Short Prayers for Busy Women" by Harriet Crosby is a good book. I love the simplicity of the words she used, it makes it more heartfelt and down to earth. :)

    The prayers are short verses and are sorted by various areas in a woman's life. It was previously published as "God Help Me". You might want to get a copy too.

    God bless you as you allow God to start and end your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mama Bear, glad to see you visit again. :)

    Oh, the typhoon destroyed a lot of property(not to mention, also lives) in the provinces. I know there is another one coming. Hopefully it will not cause that much damage.

    I agree, Soup is good. Ald also comforting and soothing especially when it is raining and cold outside. Thanks much again.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete