Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Your Sacrificial Love


Dear God,

Thank You for the sacrificial love that Your Son, Jesus, gave me. Thank You also for the great example of true love that You have shown.

Father, I know that true love requires the giving of one's self. Everyday, since becoming a parent, I have been learning where that might be true in parenting. Having DS and DD brought about so many changes in my life. They have all been worthwhile, of course, but that does not really mean my experiences have been easy and breezy... A certain amount of freedom had to be surrendered or given up... My schedule had to be renovated in order to meet the demands of the kids. Funny as it may sound, but even basic tasks like grocery shopping had a new level of difficulty. But these many changes are all worthwhile when I look at their happy smles and faces, or when I feel their soft, warm arms around my body and neck. Love is simply beautiful! Thank You, Lord, for Love.

...and live a life of love,
just as Christ loved us
and gave himself up for us
as a fragrant offering
and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:2

No comments:

Post a Comment