Friday, April 15, 2011

Don't Fall


Dear God,

You have given us so many warnings about the dangers and pitfalls of pride, but many times, it seems we pay so little attention to them. I know that for myself, this is very true. Some days I'll start thinking that I have really arrived... I have met so many of my goals in life, and although I am far from perfect, I know tht I am a fairly strong individual. My DS and DD are the best, and life, no matter how rough, is rather great. I begin to take credit for things when I should be glorifying You. And about the time it starts happening, I crash or fall flat on my face.

Father, I know I should have learned my lesson by now, but even in that area, I'm too proud. Falling hurts, and just like everybody, I don't like it a bit. And I don't like letting pride control me. Please forgive me, Lord, and help me get rid of the pride in my life.

So, if you think you are standing firm,
be careful that you don’t fall!
1 Corinthians 10:12

No comments:

Post a Comment