Friday, April 8, 2011

A Go-Between Prayer


Dear God,

I am aware that one of the greatest gifts you have given us, Your children, is the Holy Spirit, to step-in for us during prayer time. You very know, Lord, that for many times I have stopped and prayed for the Holy Spirit to take over the reigns for me... Sometimes I get confused about the matter I am praying for, and I am almost always at a loss for words on how to pray for my request properly.

Other times it is somewhat like the feeling of fear that prevents me from putting words into my prayers. I know that it has been especially true because I have tried to completely give my DS and DD to You, and I wanted to hoard and care for them myself, especially when they are away for me. Occasionally I try to pray and say what I need or desire, and I just get stuck.

Thank You, Holy Spirit, for intervening and for making my requests better than I ever could.

In the same way,
the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us
through wordless groans.
Romans 8:26

No comments:

Post a Comment