Friday, April 29, 2011

To See My Heavenly Father


Dear God,

Of all the promises in Your Word, my quiet time for today seems to be the most amazing because I know that if I am pure in heart, I will one day see You. That truth fills me with awe, but there is another thing that to me is even more precious than that...

You know that my own heart is aything but pure, so You provided the most perfect way to purify it: You sent Your Son to take my wickedness upon Himself and to purify my heart with His blood. Sometimes this is hard for me to grasp and fathom...

I know You love Jesus far more than I will ever be able to love my own children, yet I cannot imagine having my own DS (or DD) take on himself the wickedness of others! What a supreme sacrifice, Father. How great is Your love for me.

Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Matthew 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment