Friday, May 6, 2011

Patient Love


Dear God,

Thank You because You have given me a wonderful example of patient love. When I am losing patience with my own children, other people in the workplace, or even with random things happening in my life, I recall how long You have waited for me to repent and turn to You. I was so slow to do that, I know...

Despite my stubbornness, You waited for me. You love me even when I would not acknowledge You presence. My heart breaks with the weight of my sin against You, Lord. I praise You and thank You for being so enduring.

Just the same, I want to learn to endure for my DS's and DD's sake... When they both do wrong, I want them to admit it immediately and ask for forgiveness. From your example with me, I know there are times I need to wait for their repentance. Please help me wait, Lord.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise,
as some understand slowness.
Instead he is patient with you,
not wanting anyone to perish,
but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment