Friday, June 24, 2011

Being Blessed During Persecution


Dear God,

I don't exactly know how I can do this... How can I be blessed when, for example, people are upset with me, or dislike me because I believe in You? At times I also keep thinking of the way this is affecting my DS and DD. Because I want them to see me --- their Mother -- as a godly woman, but if they begin to doubt, then what...? Lord, please help my DS and DD to understand the need to suffer persecution at times, for Your sake...

When I put this into persepective, Lord, I know You suffered much more terrible persecution than I do sometimes. Although You were also tempted like us, You made the right choices. You didn't deserve what was done to You.

Please keep my faith, no matter what, Lord. When I am following You, I know I can be blessed, no matter what others say about me. Thank You, Jesus, for mapping the way for me and for my DS and DD...

Blessed are you when people insult you,
persecute you and falsely say
all kinds of evil against you
because of me.
Matthew 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment