Friday, June 10, 2011

Part Of spiritual Maturity


Dear God,

I really want to grow spiritually. I need to -- for my own daily walk with You and for my DS and DD, and most importantly , because You have commanded me to. I must be more like You each day... You have given me a list of characteristics that need to be present in my life for this kind of spiritual maturity to take place.

Part of that list is temperance -- or self-sontrol. That I think, is a really tough one. There are so many areas in my life that require self-control. Sometimes it is hard to keep all of those areas straight, let alone to put this command into practice. I know that You wouldn't have to include self-control in the list if it weren't important.

Lord, You have promised to give me the strength to fulfill Your commands. Thank You for giving me the strength I need to grow spiritually.

For this very reason,
make every effort to add to your faith goodness;
and to goodness, knowledge;
and to knowledge, self-control;
and to self-control, perseverance;
and to perseverance, godliness;
2 Peter 1:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment