Friday, November 11, 2011

Your Promises


Dear God,

One of the kids sort of didn't tell me the truth today. Oh my, imagine the heartache I felt...  I have tried my best to raise my kids to always tell us the truth, even when the truth isn't pretty to hear.  At times, I am also tempted to lie, but try my best not to...  Of course, I have to be a fitting example to them -- but sometimes, human nature prevails, most especially in the workplace, and the influence the world around me surfaces.

We all know You are not like that, Lord.  You alone are the truth.  You will never ever lie.  Your example of being trustworthy is the one I need to exemplify to the kids.  Their very lives as they grow up will be made full by trusting Your Word in all things.

Please take away my anger and disappointment...  Bless me with Your wisdom and understanding, and speak to me, Father.  I will listen with my heart and be fulfilled.

God is not human, that he should lie,
    not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
    Does he promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19

No comments:

Post a Comment