Friday, October 28, 2011

Letting Go Of Grudges


Dear God,

By now, I believe I have discovered how ugly it is to harbor a grudge. It seems, that if I don't deal immediately with something that makes me angry, I begin to make the situation a lot worse than it already is.

Sometimes, when everything has gone in the opposite direction of whatever I have planned, I begin to have "pity moments" for myself. I look at everything my DS, DD, DH, and anyone else have done wrong and magnify it in an attempt to blame someone other than myself and to justify my bad attitude.

But You have told me that I should overlook the faults of others and that I should set aside my anger. Please help me do things Your way, Lord. I desperately need Your help in this...

A person’s wisdom yields patience;
it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.
Proverbs 19:11

2 comments: