Monday, December 26, 2011

Facing The Truth


Dear God,

Sometimes Your Spirit speaks to me in a still, small voice.  And when I am busy yelling, or finishing a project, fixing and tidying things at home, I don't hear You.  But of course, only when I slow down and listen do I hear You, in that clear, soothing voice.

When I talk to the kids, whether for a family meeting, or even just while having supper, we can all be together, learn to have a time of short prayer, quietness and stillness, and listen for You to speak within us all...  And as we gather together, please do speak to us, Father.  Show us the truths we need to know.  Help us to trust You for the truths that are about to come.

Your guidance and help is trustworthy. You are our family's Good Shepherd, for You lead us to places of rest, and peace, when we need them.  My kids, Dh, and I need that kind of rest.  And we thank You for Your leading.

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes,
he will guide you into all the truth.
He will not speak on his own;
he will speak only what he hears,
and he will tell you what is yet to come.
John 16:13

No comments:

Post a Comment