Monday, December 19, 2011

Sometimes The Truth Hurts


Dear God,

Sometimes the truth hurts big time...  I know Your Word is always honest and will point out the shortcomings in my life.  It will tell me when the temperamental side of me is out of line, or when my priorities are going left.  It will show me when I have treated of dealt with my kids in an ungodly way...  or it will let me face the question, "What Would Jesus Do?"

I am in no way different from the rest of other people.  I don't like to be confronted with what I am doing wrong, but I know for a fact, that through Your Word, You point these things out to me, for my own good.  Just like my earthly parents, You want me to do better, so You let me know when I am wrong.  That way, I can always come to You to be cleansed, and be given an opportunity to set things right.  Thank You, Lord, for the truth in Your Word, even though at times, the truth hurts.

For the word of God is alive and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit,
joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts
and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment