Sunday, January 8, 2012

Your Kind Of Caring


Dear God,

When in the midst of a crowded place, I feel so alone...  I don't know anyone... no one knows me... It makes me think; does anyone ever care that I can be hurting inside?  I feel as if there is no safe place anywhere for me.

Perhaps, this is the way my kids felt when I sent them off to school for the first time... or to kids church, where they also didn't know anyone... were they lonely in the middle of a crowd, just like me...?

At times, the journey of a Christian can be exhausting.  I remember Elijah in the Bible, and how discouraged he became.  He thought he was alone, but You showed him that he wasn't deserted...  Lord, thank You, that You care for our souls, and for every part of our very being.  Thank You, that You are there to keep us from being truly alone.

Look and see,
there is no one at my right hand;
    no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
    no one cares for my life.
Psalm 142:4

No comments:

Post a Comment