Sunday, January 15, 2012

Easier Said Than Done


Dear God,

You have commanded us to do everything with charity, or love.  That is quite a tall order...  I mean, I love my kids, my DH, and I want to show them my love each moment, each waking hour I spend with them; but when it's disciplining time, or to make it more concrete -- when it's 3:30 a.m., and one of them is still up, frustration and desperation set in, and love goes into hiding.

Oftentimes I am aware that my kids are not tired enough, and need a loving, disciplinary reminder that he or she must go to bed even if he or she does not want to.  Other times, when one of them is too engrossed in a  book, or a television show...  Please remind me, Lord, of the times that I could use a loving hug.

Please help me to put my need to rest or sleep aside, to draw my kids close, and to assure them of my love and, more importantly, Your love.

Do everything in love.
1 Corinthians 16:14




No comments:

Post a Comment