Wednesday, June 20, 2012

You Are My Salvation


Dear God,

When my kids were little, I remember when each had their first taste of going to the big school, and I was not allowed to go inside their classrooms anymore.  I could see the trepidation in their eyes, and knew that they were afraid.  So I reminded them of one of my favorite verses in the Bible.  I often reminded myself of that verse whenever I was in an uncertain situation too.  The words reminded me of You, and Your saving grace, and the promise comforted me.  I was reminded to trust in You, Father.

Because You are my salvation, You truly are my strength, and my song...  I can teach my kids to sing, no matter what is going on around them.  And I want us to make a joyful noise to You --- the anchor and finisher of our faith.  We will praise You with every note we sing.

Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself,
is my strength and my defense;
he has become my salvation.
Isaiah 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment