Saturday, July 7, 2012

Living A Truly Fruitful Life


Dear God,

Ever since becoming a Christian, I have been familiar with the fruit of the Spirit.  I also told my kids about it too, and find refreshment when I hear messages about it in church, small groups, or even in seminars.  But I quickly realized I have been partial to the fruit, and favored hearing messages about the topics of love, joy, and peace.  After all, those traits are easy to apply and practice in life --- or at lest, it's easy to pretend that they are present in my life...

But self-control???  Well, that's a personal matter.  I feel it is none of any preacher's business, right?  Okay, Lord.  I know that it is conviction I am faced with when the preacher talks about it.  Your Holy Spirit tells me that self-control is not one of my strengths.  And I need to work on that area faithfully.  Rather than feeling offended, please help me to turn my struggle over to You and allow You to develop self-control in my life.  Thank You, Father.

But the fruit of the Spirit is
love, joy, peace, forbearance,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness and self-control.
Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23


No comments:

Post a Comment