Sunday, September 16, 2012

Get Wisdom


Dear God,

My quiet time verse for today tells me to get something -- wisdom -- being the first, and clearly, the one I should prioritize.

I shared with my DS and DD that in order for them to gain wisdom, they need to be obedient to all the rules and statutes You give us.  When we are obedient, we can fully, and truly understand who You really are.  And with everything in us, we should strive to be wise and to know You in all Your power and glory. 

Father, please help me to show my kids the importance and need for them to be self-controlled, and not to give-in to the lures and temptation of sin.  When we turn our backs on sin can we only and truly get an understanding of wisdom.  We need a boost of Your strength to help us reach this important goal.

The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Proverbs 4:7



No comments:

Post a Comment