Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wisdom and Kindness


Dear God,

You have said it clearly, that one requirement for being a virtuous woman is that the words I speak be seasoned with wisdom and kindness.  By that I know I must be careful and mindful of how I speak, not only to my DS and DD, but also to my DH, and other people.

It is definitely not an easy task to achieve, because many times my reactions are quick and foolish, and mostly, regrettable.  And then when it is too late, I stop to consider the effect my words or actions have had.

Dear Father, please help me think before I speak!  Put the right words in my mouth so I could build up others and not tear them down.  My greatest desire is to be a virtuous mother.

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Proverbs 31:26



No comments:

Post a Comment