Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Quiet Times


Dear God,

Sometimes, when I'm cleaning up and putting everything in order, the kids (and even DH) are in the other room making an even bigger mess, and I want to scream. I sometimes do, Lord... I know You can see, and I know it makes You frown at me, because my reaction makes the situation even worse. DS and DD get worked up, and I get more upset and frustrated. Lord, please help me to be calm as I deal with domestic frustrations like so, and please help me to remember that a quiet, calming response will get better and greater results...

I should know from experience. When I make a mess of things and foul up with something, You speak gently through Your word and through the Holy Spirit. You know well that I would like that better than a screaming, shouting, belittling voice. Lord, please always remind me that my family would prefer that as well.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
Proverbs 15:1

No comments:

Post a Comment