Thursday, November 5, 2009

Holding My Children's Hands


Dear God,

As I watched my kids at play today, I somehow felt afraid for what the future holds for them. I felt like crying as I thought of all the times that You have been there for me when I was afraid. You have held my hand and helped me in so many difficult situations. With Your help I have walked when I might have actually fallen.

Not once did You ever laugh at me or told me how silly I was to be fearful. Lord, sometimes the things my DS and DD are uncertain about seem so unimportant to me. I struggle not to laugh or chuckle. God, please help me to be understanding, to encourage rather than discourage. I want to take their hands and walk with them, as You have taken mine to walk with me, and never letting go.

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you,
Do not fear; I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment