Thursday, November 19, 2009

Exercising Godliness


Dear God,

My quiet time for today is full of real, wise words: physical training, godliness, value, and promise. Honestly, I have never been the best at training or exercising my body, but I definitely want to be faithful at exercising godliness. It's hard work, Lord, and I constantly need reminders to continue and live by it.

Oftentimes when I get angry or impatient with my DS or DD, I am not exercising godliness. And I know that at times, I can't seem to help it. Daily pressures tend to build up, and everyday demands take their toll. I fall and ignore my spiritual exercises.

But You have promised, Lord, that "godliness has value for all things...." Bodily exercise is very good, and I truly need it to improve on my health, but I also need to exercise my "spiritual muscles" by faithfully practicing godliness. My DS and DD will truly benefit from a Mom like me, who is not impatient with them, and demonstrates godly character. Thank You lord, for helping me in this. I continue to pray that I will be consistent no matter how hard it is, and be reminded to live by Your word.

Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales;
rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value,
but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment