Friday, November 20, 2009

Help In My Calling


Dear God,

Just like other Moms, there is a very special task that You have given me to fulfill in this world; and that is to bring up my DS and DD in the proper way. Sometimes, that assigned work seems to be a bit intimidating for me, especially when I think of the many aspects or facets of each child's life. Of course, countless of parenting books are stacked in my possession, (I thank You for the provision) and many of them contain helpful information about how I should do it. But all those reading stuff can be overwhelming, and at times it can be difficult to decide or distinguish what may be good or bad for them. You have given me a growing tween, and a growing little lady, Lord...

I have decided in my heart that Your word is the one that contains the best parenting information, instruction, and advice I could ever possess. As I study Your truths, I want to know them so well so that I can apply them when I care for my DS and DD.

Lord, please give me the wisdom to weigh everything else I read against what the Bible says. I thank You for leading me in the right path.

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved,
a workman who does not need to be ashamed
and who correctly handles the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

No comments:

Post a Comment