Thursday, November 12, 2009

Forgiving Others


Dear God,

I oftentimes forget that forgiveness has like, two parts to it. I want to reap all the benefits of Your forgiving grace, as well as the forgiveness of other people who I may have hurt or offended in the past. But the thing is, I am not always so eager to grant forgiveness myself!

For example, Lord, I get so tired of people who meddle with my life, or how I raise the kids, or people who try to boss me around, or step on my toes to get ahead in things, the list goes on and on...

I know that every person has his or her good and divine side, so as much as I could, I try my best to understand and extend patience... It would be so hard all the time for me of course, but if I choose not to harbor anger and resentment, I know I am honoring and glorifying You. And I know I am able to make a wrong thing right. Lord, I need Your help to forgive others as You have forgiven me. I know that it is not only for me that You have sacrificed and died on the cross; You did it also for them.

Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Matthew 6:12

No comments:

Post a Comment