Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Home Open Wide


Dear God,

There are times when I am somewhat not generous with my home. It's probably okay if I invited a friend over, but most often, it is the "impromptu" visits that I cannot handle very well. Okay, Lord, but it's not really the unexpected company, or any particular person I abhor dropping by, but the thought of offering and preparing food and refreshment, that is. For one, I am too self-conscious about the way my house looks. Second, I am usually tied up with the kids, preparing for an after-school activity that same day or the next, or am simply busy with household stuff (clutter here and there, things to do for my personal self... you know, Lord) to finish and do. The next thing or many motherly (and wifely) duties after, I find that it's already time to eat dinner...

Lord, please help me be a better housekeeper. I am quite a stickler for orderliness, as some would also notice, but many times, I do realize that it is important to make my house into a "healthy home", by allowing the kids to "make it theirs" too (a clutter here, a clutter there...). Even more importantly, please show me how to always have an open welcome -- and to live up to those beautifully framed words * that are pinned on my front door -- even if my guests see that my house is a "healthy home" to live by.

WELCOME TO OUR HOME*

GOD bless our humble place
of rest, with mercy
from above.
And bless the door that
opens wide, to
stranger or
to friend.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *


Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
1 Peter 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment