Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Fruit Of My Lips


Dear God,

Am so sorry for what I have done. Last night in my anger, I said something I shouldn't have. At that moment, I felt right, correct, and justified. But now that I have calmed down and slept it over, I know better. It was a wrong response.

You have said in James 3:10 that blessing and cursing should not come out of the same mouth. How can I praise You in front of my DS and DD after they heard my angry words last night? Forgive me, Lord! I have also asked my kids to forgive me. Please give me the courage to apologize to those I wronged. And please give me a bold heart and an opportunity to do that whenever I do something not pleasing to Your eyes.

Lord Jesus, make my praise a sacrifice to You. Instead of speaking in anger or frustration, I want to fill my mouth with words of continual praise to You. I pray in Your mighty name, that everything I say will glorify You, Lord.

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name.
Hebrews 13:15

No comments:

Post a Comment