Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nothing Is Impossible With You


Dear God,

Sometimes, I cannot fully imagine it -- in all my short, finite, incapable self... I cannot begin to understand, and comprehend Your powerful hand and unfathomable, mighty ability.

There are many times in my life, when I can see and feel the impossibility of a problem or situation, and in those times, I forget that You are the God of the possible. But why do I have to doubt...? And why do I have to worry and fear...? When all I really need to do is to turn to You alone? In my mind, and as I have my quiet times with You, I picture my DS or DD holding out a hand to me and realize that this is what I need to do: I need to have child-like trust in You.

You know, Lord, when I see how You have lifted me up, and made things work so many times in my life, I want to kneel down in our room, fall on my face before You, and cry out to You in thanksgiving. My prayers have always been answered in so many miraculous ways. In those many times too, when all I could see was darkness and uncertainties, You have provided light, and power, and hope for DH and I. Thank You so much, Lord. I want to always keep that not only in my mind, but in my heart as well, and teach my children that in You, nothing ever is impossible.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible,
but with God all things are possible."
Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment