Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Times Of Brokenness


Dear God,

Sometimes I am such a prideful person. I get caught up in the work or projects that I can produce, the many achievements that my DS and DD bring to the family, the way I can organize my home, and I completely forget that without You, I am NOTHING.

Thank You, Lord, for not forgetting me. I know that You use the many trials You allow me to experience so that I will always be reminded that I need You in my life. There are times when I feel I would much rather be broken because I do not want to be the prideful person that is clearly part of my human nature. I also do not want to be someone You would despise. But I thank You for all the blessings You are also giving me and my family. I know that You have given them to us because of Your unending goodness and great love.

But in those times of brokenness, I want to be able to use my heartaches and disappointments to teach my DS and DD how to serve You, love You, and have faith in You more. We live in a world that lifts up proud people. Lord, please make us all aware how much You value sacrifice. Help us to have the humble spirit we need when we come before You.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.
Psalm 51:17

No comments:

Post a Comment