Thursday, December 17, 2009

Times Of Refreshing


Dear God,

Please forgive me (everyday). I don't want to do the wrong things, yet most of the time I sin. I'm so sorry, Lord. I feel like I'm Paul in the Bible -- who said he did the things he didn't want to do. Because most of the time, my sins are unintentional. Honestly Lord, I do not want to think that sin is so much embedded in my system, that I automatically start or end my day with it...

Am thinking of those times when everyday, I would give my DS and DD a bath when they were little, because they didn't know yet how to do it. I don't just wash off the dirt and grime I see on their tiny bodies. But as I soap, scrub, and clean them up, I teach them to wash off the unseen dirt and germs that may be left in their bodies, so that they will be totally clean and refreshed.

At the same time, I also remember the times when I often taught them that when we pray to You for forgiveness, it should not only be for the wrong things we know we've done, but also for the things that we may have committed unintentionally.

I realize, Lord, that when we repent and turn to the other way completely, You blot out our sins, our heart burdens are lifted, and we are truly refreshed. Our tired spirits are lifted and renewed. Thank You, for the opportunity You have given us to repent. You never grow tired and impatient, and You are our understanding Father who is always ready and willing to accept and take us back, no matter where we came from.

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord
Acts 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment