Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Woman And Mother That I Should Be


Dear God,

Please forgive me. I've done it again. Most of the time my mouth overtakes my brain and I end up saying the things I shouldn't say. Just awhile ago I yelled at the kids again and said some cutting remarks out of frustration and exhaustion... I don't ever want to be this way Lord! Just how can I teach them godliness and gentleness when I often lose it like this??? God please, please mold me into a more godly woman and Mother.

I know this world with all its troubles and sorrows will one day pass away, so I shouldn't let the little incidents get to me like that so easily... The spills and a little food mess, some whining, forgetting to clean up after doing an activity, temper tantrums -- a hundred, thousand, million things wear on my nerves. But in the middle of it all, God, please give me the peace I need to be a godly woman -- and most of all godly Mother -- with meaningful, holy conversation. Thank You, Lord.

Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives.
2 Peter 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment