Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Turning To You


Dear God,

I have some sins that I hang on to even though Your Word says it is wrong. Many times I have tried to give it up... And every New Year I would always make it a fresh resolution not to commit it. But I end up snatching it back. Now with that kind of lifestyle, I constantly ponder and think -- What kind of lesson is this for my DS and DD if I make excuses for the things I do wrong? What will my kids learn from this? Clearly, they will eventually believe that it is okay to compromise or to dismiss the idea that they are guilty of wrongdoing...

For their sake and mine too, Lord, I want to turn to You. Just as the prophet Joel did many, many years ago, I want to weep and mourn over my sins -- to give them completely and fully to You. Please give me the strong commitment and desire to rid myself away of the wrong that I am doing and remind me that with You I am nothing, but with Your help I can do anything. Thank You, Father.

"Even now," declares the LORD,
"return to me with all your heart,
with fasting and weeping and mourning."
Joel 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment