Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Being Merciful Instead Of Being Angry


Dear God,

If You could put Your wrath aside, and instead, offer forgiving kindness, love and mercy for my abundant sins, how can I do less when it concerns the errors of my DS and DD, and even other people around me? You are always so gracious when I don't deserve it... I need a lot of Your strength to be compassionate when someone wrongs me or hurts my feelings. It is always so much easier for me to strike and hit back, but I want to be like You, to emulate and follow You.

I know it is important that I do this, not only for the feelings of everyone involved, but also so that I may be an example of Your love. I wouldn't want to be responsible for anyone, especially my kids, rejecting You because I chose to react inappropriately to a wrong done. Please direct my steps and actions, Lord, and grant me the strength I need to be like You in many ways...

Yet he was merciful;
he forgave their iniquities and did not destroy them.
Time after time he restrained his anger
and did not stir up his full wrath.
Psalm 78:38

No comments:

Post a Comment