Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Striving To Be Perfect


Dear God,

As always, the word "Perfection" is something I often doubt I can ever attain. It is also true that I would like my kids to be perfect -- I mean, who wouldn't like that...? No Mom likes to think her children are so imperfect that her kids might do something bad or embarrassing, especially in the presence of other people.

Reflecting more on that thought, I guess that must be how You feel too, Lord. I am pretty sure my behavior has caused You so much embarrassment --- even after You have told me in Your Word that I should strive to be perfect. You gave Yourself as a shining example of whom I should follow and emulate. Lord please guide me daily to commit to being perfect, as You are perfect. I know I cannot expect my DS and DD to be perfect if I am not willing to set the example myself. Please help me Father, as I strive to be like You in all ways.

Be perfect, therefore,
as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:48

No comments:

Post a Comment