Friday, July 29, 2011

Bound By Your Love


Dear God,

Please comfort my heart and give me complete understanding and assurance... In this spiritual family where we belong with Christ, I should feel that I am rich in love and compassion. Instead, some of the people are critical, cold, and self-serving... That hurts, Lord.

To be honest, You have seen me in my ugliest moments -- or when I myself am critical and outright bad. During these times I am reminded afterwards that it is my pride that more oftenly causes me to become critical of others. These people are my spiritual family, God. By finding fault in them I am setting a poor example of how to belong.

Real love is kind, not prideful or self-serving. God please fill me with compassion for my fellow Christians so that I may be a godly example of love and understanding -- especially to my DS and DD. There is nothing more that I want, than to emulate your Son, Jesus.

My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart
and united in love,
so that they may have the full riches
of complete understanding,
in order that they may know the mystery of God,
namely, Christ...
Colossians 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment