Friday, August 19, 2011

Casting Everything To You


Dear God,

If I completely trust You for my eternal and spiritual salvation, why don't I trust You for my daily needs? If I were totally honest, I would say that I defnitely know that I can do nothing about my salvation other than accept You as my personal Lord and Savior. But -- when it comes to my everyday, daily concerns, I often feel that there is something I can and should be doing...

A large part of it has something to do with my DS and DD. I feel that if I don't worry about them, and do something about it, they won't turn out right. I also know that in reality, my job is to pray everyday for them and bring them up according to Your Word. Then I must totally surrender them to You and trust You to do the work in their young lives.

Lord, please instill in me the peace and stillness that comes from casting all my cares on You.

Cast all your anxiety on him
because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment