Friday, August 26, 2011

Help Me Control My Anger


Dear God,

I know that in all my numerous foolishness and meaness, I have caused You so many reasons to be angry at me. But You very well know how to handle anger , and of course, too many times always, I don't... If my DS or DD disobeys, or if DH does something that annoys me, I have a difficult time controlling my temper. And too often always, I harbor a deep, wounding anger throughout the day. Believe me God, all I want and pray for, is for us to go to bed so we can start a-fresh the next day...

But Lord, instead of waiting for another day, I know that You want me to start fresh today -- even before the sun sets in the horizon... In Your infinite wisdom, You know that it will help my whole family if that happens. Please help me keep that in my mind and heart. Please lend me a hand so that I can handle anger the way You do. Help me not to lose my temper with my DS, DD, or DH, and please give me the grace to forgive today... Amen.

"In your anger do not sin”:
Do not let the sun go down
while you are still angry...
Ephesians 4:26

No comments:

Post a Comment