Friday, August 12, 2011

Wisdom From Your Word


Dear God,

As much as I need Your wisdom in the many, everyday decisions I make (and face) concerning my family, I need it even more so for spiritual matters. Although I have been a Christian for many years, I still have many questions and also much to learn. As I read and study and hear about Your Word, still I need to receive a clear understanding of what You are saying to me through it.

Lord, I want the wisdom and the ability to discern and apply Your Word in my life, and I want to use it to teach my DS and DD. I know that it is Your will for me to understand Your Word, and I also know that You have given me the Holy Spirit to guide me. I pray hard that I will be able to take advantage of this great blessing to bless others around me.

For this reason,
since the day we heard about you,
we have not stopped praying for you.
We continually ask God
to fill you with the knowledge of his will
through all the wisdom and understanding
that the Spirit gives...
Colossians 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment