Friday, September 23, 2011

The Fruit Of Righteousness


Dear God,

I cannot thank You enough for the promises and truths found in Your Word. I would not have believed it possible for myself to have such a change of heart. The day before yesterday was an ugly day for me at work. I was simply diappointed, devastated, angry at the whole world; even my DS and DD wouldn't want to stay close to me at home... But today, I am the sweetest, most loving parent any child would want.

I know that once again the sinful nature will rear its ugly head. My beautiful self will become tainted. I will be harsh, and affect other family members negatively again. I also know that my relationship with my kids will not be good when that happens. It will not be a joyful ride at home. It will hurt; however, Your promise will hold true once more. Thank You that Your Word is right every time, Lord. Each time life tests my boundaries, I can throw up the fence that You provide.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time,
but painful. Later on, however,
it produces a harvest of righteousness
and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment