Friday, September 16, 2011

Help Me See Them With Your Eyes


Dear God,

I did it again... Somehow, some people in the workplace said something to hurt my feelings. I acted polite, but then my hurt and anger boiled over. I can still see the wide-eyes of my DS and DD as they listened to my unkind words. How could I have actually "listed" down my gripes in front of them? Really now, I realize, I should have just spoken to You in private, Father...

Give me the wisdom to talk to my family about what I said. Perhaps that co-worker wasn't feeling well...? Maybe I misunderstood the intended meaning...? After all, how many times have I also allowed something to slip off my tongue without thinking...?

Lord, I want to be able to show my DS and DD the value of self-control and forgiveness. Please help me to see other people the way You see them.

Blessed are those you choose
and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
of your holy temple.
Psalm 65:4

No comments:

Post a Comment