Friday, September 30, 2011

Growing As An Encourager


Dear God,

Whether I like it or not, I am an example to my DS and DD. But how many times have I failed to do what my quiet time verse for today commands? You know that I am not always patient, Lord... I don't take time to comfort or support those who need it most, and everytime, my kids are watching.

But every moment of my waking life, I want to improve. I want to tell my kids about the need to be there for others, to encourage in whatever way is needed. Your Word says I have to do this by example.

The little ways do count, Father. Please help me teach my DS and DD that to grow as encouragers, they can start with small things as they comfort others and build from there.

And we urge you, brothers and sisters,
warn those who are idle and disruptive,
encourage the disheartened, help the weak,
be patient with everyone.
1 Thessalonians 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment