Friday, October 14, 2011

Having Great Faith


Dear God,

I wish I could say that I have great faith – but really, I often fall short. The mother described in my quiet time verse for today had enough faith to realize that it would take just a small amount of Your power to heal her demon-possessed daughter.

I'm afraid that too many times my faith is so shallow that I believe what I need done is going to require an enormous amount of power. I may even convince myself that my need is not important enough to bother You with. In doing so, I miss receiving and seeing Your blessings. I know You promised in Matthew 17:20 that if I would have faith the size of a mustard seed, I would be able to move a mountain with just a word. That's the kind of faith I want in my daily life. Please help me grow that kind of faith in me.

Then Jesus said to her,
“Woman, you have great faith!
Your request is granted.”
And her daughter was healed at that moment.
Matthew 15:28

No comments:

Post a Comment