Monday, December 12, 2011

Your Divine Power


Dear God,

Sometimes I see my kids wanting to do or deciding things on their own even if my motherly instincts and wisdom says they still need me there. I am like that at times, and often, I see myself being like them -- just wanting to do things on my own, without Your help.  I tend to forget that all things come from You, and not from my own efforts.  Even my very strength comes from You alone.

I need to be guided by Your Word and grow in knowledge of You to achieve godliness in character.  That is my share; my part.  And then by doing so, I can also help my kids understand how to live godly, obedient lives.  You have given us the things we need for life and godliness, for You alone, are the Great Provider.

I am called not just to become a Mom, but also to live a godly life with it --- not by my being childish, but by Your grace and virtue.  Thank You for that kind of provision.
 
His divine power has given us everything we need
for a godly life through our knowledge of him
who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2 Peter 1:3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment